Internships at Pleasant Valley are a refreshing, growing, and serving experience. It is our hope and goal that everyone who serves in this critical role walks away from their time at camp satisfied and excited for what God has done in and through them.
We have a very limited number of Internships available and are typically by invite only. To inquire about an internship please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a part of the PVCC Summer Internship you will:
WORK WITH AND SERVE PROGRAM VOLUNTEER DIRECTORS AT ALL OF OUR SUMMER CAMPS.
OFTEN OVERSEE AND MANAGE THE TIME OF WORK CREW STUDENTS WHEN DIRECTED.
SERVE IN THE KITCHEN, DURING CLEANING AND TURNOVER, COMPETING WORK PROJECTS, AND OTHER DUTIES AS NECESSARY.
FOLLOW THE DIRECTION OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR IN ACTIVITIES AND PROJECTS TO DEVELOP YOU PERSONALLY (SPIRITUAL EXERCISES, PRAYER PARTNERS, MENTORSHIP, COACHING, READING BOOKS, ETC.)
At camp we will have 2-3 days of staff training before the summer begins.
- PVCC Interns must commit to the whole summer. However, start and end dates can be worked out to align with school or other commitments.
- Interns commit to following the leadership of the Executive Director and camp staff.
- Interns must commit to a summer of servant leadership in any and all capacities that the camp requires regardless of whether or not it is "in your job description." This is the same standard that all PVCC staff are required to commit to.
- Interns must commit to represent PVCC in all things as a good ambassador of Christ at all times, with others, online, and in their personal life.
- Interns of legal drinking age must commit to a sober summer both on campus and off.
- Interns must commit to follow, uphold, and enforce the policies, rules, and beliefs of PVCC at all times.
- Other legal / moral commitments as listed in the Intern Application.
------------INTERN CORE VALUES------------
REFRESHING YOUR HEART:
Practicing God's Sabbath: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28
Seeking God's Presence: "Remain in me, as I also remain in you." John 15:4
Diving into God's Word: "For the Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double edged sword, it penetrates even to diving the soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12
GROWING YOUR LEADERSHIP:
Living a Life of Holiness: "The one whose walk is blameless, who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from the heart; whose tongue utters no slander, who does no wrong to a neighbor, and casts no slur on others; who despises a vile person but honors those who fear the Lord; who keeps an oath even when it hurts, and does not not change their mind; who lends money to the poor without interest; who does not accept a bribe against the innocent. Whoever does these things will never be shaken." Psalm 15:1-5
Living a Life For Others: "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews or Greeks or the church of God - even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved." 1 Corinthians 10
SERVING YOUR HEART OUT:
- Servant To All: "Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be the slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:43-45
- Heart For All: "Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble." 1 Peter 3:8
- All for Him: "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40