Exhibiting the reality of God, expressing the relevancy of Jesus Christ.
A “place apart” for changing lives and transforming communities.
- Introduce campers to Christ, help them grow in Christian living, and prepare them for worldwide Christian service through the Word of God, Biblical teaching, worship, prayer, and fellowship
- Deliver Christ-centered hospitality and programs
- Reach out to overlooked and marginalized members of society
- Offer opportunities to individuals and groups for rest and renewal in a setting that reveals the grandeur of God
- Encourage and equip the Body of Christ
- Promote the unity of the Church, drawing on the rich history of the Restoration Movement
- Provide a positive influence towards societal change, both locally and globally
- God-Dependent: In relationship… Abiding in Him, bearing fruit, for apart from Him we can do nothing (John 15:5) …we want to reflect our relationship with Jesus.
- Vision-Guided: In directive… Whatever is done in word or deed, it is to be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father (Colossians 3:17) …we believe that camp changes lives.
- Christ-Centered: In programming… Proclaiming Him, admonishing and teaching with all wisdom, to present every man and woman complete in Christ (Colossians 1:28) …we desire to have meetings that matter and to meet needs that matter most.
- Bible-Based: In decision-making… Seeking first His kingdom and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33) …we understand the need to be grounded in Scripture.
- Sustainability-Dedicated: In partnership… Acting with integrity in all matters regarding the environment, finances, and treatment of employees and volunteers (1 Corinthians 10:31) …we aim for the glory of God in all that we do.
Statement of Faith
We believe in the unchanging, orthodox positions of Christianity taught in the Holy Scriptures. These include:
- The doctrine of the Godhead (Matthew 28:19)
- The deity of Jesus Christ (Hebrews 1:1-3)
- The inspiration and infallibility of God’s written Word in content and meaning as found in the Bible (II Timothy 3:16)
- The authority of God’s written Word for all matters of faith and practice (II Peter 1:16- 21)
- The Church is the Body of Christ in which believers experience fellowship, communion, baptism, and service in God’s mission (Acts 2:42-47)
- The primary directive of the Church is the preaching of the Gospel for salvation (Luke 19:10, Matthew 18:11, Matthew 28:18-20)
- The sinfulness and fallen state of all humankind (Romans 3:23; 6:17)
- The need for a sacrificial atonement by Jesus Christ, the Son of God, for the sins of humanity (Hebrews 9:24-28)
- The existence of an eternal hell for those who refuse the grace of God expressed in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, God’s Son (II Thessalonians 1: 6-9)
- Salvation is God’s free gift but each person must accept it; only by believing, trusting, and obeying Jesus Christ can a person accept God’s offer of forgiveness and be saved from sins’ penalty (John 1:12, John 14:6, Romans 5:1, Romans 6:23, Galatians 3:26, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5)
- Salvation is by repentance, confession, baptism by immersion, and a life commitment to Christ’s service (Acts 2:38, Matthew 16:16-18, Romans 10:9-10, Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 2:38-41, Acts 8:36-38, Romans 6:3-8)
- The Lord’s Supper is to remember Christ and what He has done for us on the cross (Acts 21:46, Act 20:7, I Corinthians 11:23-28)
- The virgin birth of the Savior, Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:18)
- Biblically authentic marriage between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:24; Hebrews 13:4)
- The creation of human life begins at the moment of conception (Psalm 139:13-16)
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the grave (I Corinthians 15:1-58)
- The imminent return of Jesus Christ to receive those who belong to Him (Matthew 24:44)